The Food Safety System Certification (FSSC 22000) for food and feed safety/quality management is an internationally recognized scheme for food safety certification applicable to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of size and complexity. This scheme sets out requirements to develop, implement and operate a food safety management system.
FSSC Certification to the scheme provides global industry recognition for:
- Processing of perishable animal products
- Processing of perishable plant products
- Processing of perishable animal and plant products (mixed products)
- Processing of ambient stable products
- Production of food packaging and packaging material
- Production of (bio)chemicals
Version four of the FSSC 22000 requirements reflect industry best practice and are made up of a series of separate components audited as a single system including :
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System - requirements for any organization in the food chain
- Industry-specific ISO and PAS Pre-requisite Programs (PRPs)
- Additional scheme requirements for site services, personnel, supplied materials, food defense, food fraud prevention, allergen management and food labelling
Benefits of FSSC 22000 -
After being FSSC 22000 Certified, your organisation’s performance will be increasing day by day, month by month. The customers get more satisfaction with your product. If you satisfy your customers, then it is a boon for your organisation as everything depends upon the customer’s satisfaction.
FSSC 22000 is an ISO based Food Safety Management System and it integrates nicely with other ISO based management systems including ISO 9001, ISO 14000 and others.
- It Manages The Risk - FSSC 22000 Food Safety System Certification manages all the risk and provide your company with effective management of food safety hazards by creating an environment capable of producing a safe product and a management system to continually manage, monitor, validate and improve the system.
- It Maintains The Current Customers - FSSC 22000 bind the current customers as well as produces the new customers that enhance your business and profit level. Now the customers have more faith and more trust on your product. That’s why approximately 1 out of 4 certified companies are asking their suppliers to achieve certification. Chances are that if you have not been asked yet, you will be asked in the near future.
- It Increases Your Market Research - After certified with FSSC 22000, you can enhance your market research and it is a vital thing for all the type of organisation. Market Research improves the quality and quantity of your products and so that maintain customer satisfaction. Having FSSC Certification means you can increase your market opportunities, increase your customer’s confidence in your food safety practices and improve your internal processes to ensure a safe product.